In September 2020, I started my position as Franchise Development Director for Hand & Stone Franchise Corp. I was meeting new people and learning about the franchise system every day. The more I learned, the more I believed in the mission – To improve the emotional and physical wellbeing of the world! I sold my first franchise 30 days later to two lovely women in Boise, ID. The more people I met and learned about the concept, the more interested my family and I were in investing in Hand & Stone. When we started exploring this business opportunity, I remember thinking how helpful it would be if I could peak at another franchisee’s timeline; so, to be transparent, I am sharing my family’s timeline to opening a Hand & Stone spa.
- September 2020: Hired as Franchise Development Director
- October 2020: Sold first franchise in Boise, ID
- April 2021: Started discussing with my family about investing in Hand & Stone
- July 11th, 2021: Family signs franchise agreement for Chanhassen, Minnesota territory
- November 2021: Signed lease
- February 2022: Hired contractors
- June 1st, 2022: Certificate of occupancy received
- June 17th Facebook Marketing Week (Soft Opening)
- June 21st: Open for business to the public
- June 29th: Grand opening event (Chamber pictures)
Each franchisee’s opening process looks different and goes at its own speed. I’ve seen a Hand & Stone location open as quickly as two months, while others are closer to the one-year mark. Regardless of how quickly your spa opens its doors, I can say with complete confidence that the Hand & Stone Corporate Team will be there every step of the way, answering all your questions and educating you on our business.
If you have any questions about my family’s process, feel free to message me at email@example.com. Be sure to check out my other blog, 10 Pieces of Advice Before Opening a Hand & Stone.